Mint Chocolate Chip Frosting!!!
Yes, you heard me correctly! This frosting is pretty freaking awesome. I made this for my sister way back in August for her Birthday, she has always LOVED mint chocolate chip ice-cream and chocolate. What better way to say Happy Birthday than with a decadent chocolate cake and mint chocolate chip frosting?!?!
- 1 cup butter replacement, softened to room temperature
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla/Original Flavor Kefir
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (taste test it, add as much as you need but be careful!)
- 2 drops green food dye (or to desired "greenness")
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips (not regular size, doesn't spread well...I've done this)
- Make your cake (or cupcakes) and let them cool.
- Take softened butter and beat on medium speed for about 1 minute (until smooth & creamy)
- Add just 3 cups of powdered sugar.
- Add Kefir
- Add peppermint extract (start with just 1/4 teaspoon for now)
- & add food coloring (start small here too! you can add more later!)
- Beat all together for 2-3 minutes on high speed.
- Examine your frosting: if too thick add more Kefir ~or~
- Examine your frosting: if too runny add another cup of powdered sugar
- Once you have the consistency right then taste test.
- Add peppermint (slowly!) and food coloring as desired
- Beat all together.
- Mix in chocolate chips by hand.
(Tastes the most awesome on the day of or the day after but can be kept almost as awesome in the fridge for a few days.)
Not the best photo quality here but I think you get the idea :) This is definitely a cool recipe to have your back pocket that can be whipped out to impress. It is very easy and people will love it :).
Like Lactarded on Facebook