Chocolate "Cream Cheese" Frosting
Best part of a cupcake? Frosting. What is frosting usually made with? Dairy. Not this time! This was pretty good. I definitely enjoyed it and will be tweaking it over time to make it better and better. I was pressed for time while making it so it was nice that it was super easy! If you have to throw something together fast that will also taste good to the non-lactarded this is definitely a recipe to keep in your back pocket.
Let's discuss the cupcakes for a quick minute. My love affair with Duncan Hines continues. Thank you Duncan Hines for making such great cake mixes that are dairy free! This cake mix is not only decadently chocolatey but also so moist and delicious! Talk about making it easy on myself too. Nothing is easier than a cake mix where you add a little water and oil and you're done.
So now let's move on to the frosting!
- 3 cups "sour cream" - Lactaid makes some good stuff
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (12 oz) bag of lactose free chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of Hershey's cocoa powder
- Put the 3 cups of "sour cream" into your mixing bowl.
- Put about half the bag of chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate chips for 1 minute, take out and stir
- Repeat this until the chocolate chips are just barely melted (It is easy to burn chocolate this way)
- Mix into the sour cream right away.
- Repeat with the second half of the bag.
- Mix in the 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, you can add more or less depending on your taste buds!
Follow me on Twitter @ lac_tarded
Like on Facebook!!!