(I realize these are clearly drums, I like them better!)
So let me set the scene for you: wandering around BJs (always a bad idea because you will always find something you don't need but HAVE TO HAVE). Jesse and I wander over to the meat section and discover there are some very very good deals! I also happen to glance over my shoulder and see Sweet Baby Rays buffalo sauce and an idea popped into my head! It is Sunday and I know my husband wants to watch the Ravens vs. Denver game later that afternoon WHICH MEANS we obviously need game food! Not being able to buy anything ready made without reading a bunch of labels I decided to opt for the fun option, doing it myself!
- Sweet Baby Rays buffalo sauce (It's lactose free!)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 wings/drums
- Take a large ziploc bag and place flour, pepper, garlic and salt inside
- Seal bag and shake
- Add your chicken and again seal the bag and SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!
- Once your chicken is well coated with the flour place onto a foil + greased baking sheet
- refrigerate for at least 1 hr
- After the 1hr preheat your oven to 400F
- Pour a fair amount of the Sweet Baby Rays sauce into a dish (you want it to be deep so not a wide dish)
- Dip the chicken into the sauce and cover thoroughly
- Replace onto baking sheet
- Repeat until all are covered in the sauce
- Bake for about 45 minutes
I will definitely be making this recipe again! I'm very excited about it :) Try it and let me know what you think!
Like this blog on Facebook so you won't miss out on any updates or grocery store finds!
Also, follow on Twitter @lac_tarded