Buffalo Chicken Pizza (Or as I call it: "Za")
Who doesn't love Za? I love Za! In honor of the Ravens AGAIN playing the Patriots for the AFC Championship I decided to make some Buffalo Chicken Pizza! Guess I need to do this every time they play now because clearly it was the reason that they won! As the add on TV says: "It's not weird if it works."
I already know some things I would do differently so I'm just going to pretend like I did them that way in the directions and give you the benefit of my "mistakes."
I made two different ones: a buffalo chicken and red onion pizza and a buffalo chicken and pineapple pizza. I personally loved the pineapple one, the sweet and spicy combo was really really good.
- pre-made pizza crust (I used a sourdough crust because the flavor would really compliment the buffalo)
- tomato sauce
- 1 bag shredded cheddar cheese (the sharp cheddar flavor also compliments the buffalo very well)
- 1 chicken breast
- Sweet Baby Rays buffalo sauce
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chipolte chile powder (also picked to compliment the buffalo sauce and make it more smokey as opposed to chili powder making it more spicy)
- Pizza blend of spices (pretty much basil and oregano)
- Cut your chicken into bite sized cubes
- Fill zip-loc bag with flour, garlic powder, salt, and chipolte chile & shake to mix
- Add your chicken to the bag and shake until completely covered.
- Cover a baking sheet with tinfoil and preheat oven to 350F
- Dip your bite sized pieces of chicken into buffalo sauce and place on baking sheet
- Bake chicken pieces until cooked through, approximately 20 minutes
- While chicken is baking begin putting together your pizza
- Pour about 1/2 can of tomato sauce into center of your dough
- spread in circular motions across the crust, don't be obsessed with perfect and don't be afraid of the edge
- sprinkle on your pizza seasoning, use a little or a lot, it's up to you!
- evenly sprinkle on your cheese, again don't be afraid of the edge
- add whatever other toppings you want, keeping in mind space for the chicken
- When the chicken is done remove it and set oven temp to the dough's packing cooking directions
- evenly spread your chicken on top of the pizza
- place the pizza in the oven and cook as directed by the dough's packaging
- Remove, cut and allow to cool
- most importantly: Eat & Enjoy
This was delicious pizza! I made a little extra chicken by accident so Jesse used it to make us buffalo chicken salad this week! Can you tell we love buffalo?!
This would be a great addition to the buffalo wings for your Super Bowl Party!!!
Like on Facebook!
Follow on Twitter @lac_tarded
Stay tuned for the new .com!