White Wine Sangria
Ooooh the power of wine over women. We flock to it don't we? It helps wash away all the voices in our heads and all the pressures surrounding us. What is even better about it is drinking wine usually means you're with at least one friend. Purge the clutter and the noise from your brain. Sit back in your chair, take a deep look around and enjoy your view. Take a small sip and taste the plethora of flavors as they wash over your tongue. Ahhh.
Sangria is wine on steroids. What is better than wine? Fruity wine. Yup yup!
This is another thing that I served at my Thirty One party. I had never made sangria before and I had never tasted this recipe before so I was a little nervous. I clearly had no need to be because it was great! This is where I got the original recipe: see first review
Ingredients (I doubled this recipe):
- 1 bottle of reisling
- 1 bottle of vino verde (a Portuguese white wine)
- 2 oz of triple sec
- 1 oz of brandy
- 4 little cans of dole pineapple juice
- 2 blood oranges
- 3 cortland apples
- 1 lemon
- 1 large bottle of italian lemonade soda
- About 12 hours ahead of time...
- slice and dice your fruit
- combine all liquids except for the italian soda
- cover with plastic wrap
- add the italian soda and stir just before guests arrive
This makes a lot of sangria so I don't suggest making it unless you are having a number of people over. Also, be careful when eating the fruit...WOAH, just woah.