I don't know about you, but on beautiful sunny days when I am in a fabulous mood and really don't have a whole heck of a lot to do I definitely get in the mood for a margarita. What better to go with a margarita than a mexican-hawaiian type dinner?
Insert my newest recipe: Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Stuffed Peppers!
- Olive oil
- 4 sweet bell peppers (I used red but feel free to use yellow or orange)
- 1 medium-large jalapeño
- 1.3-ish pounds 99% fat free turkey
- 1 medium sized sweet onion
- 1 can (15oz) organic black beans
- 1 can (15oz) organic sweet corn
- 1 can (20oz) pineapple chunks
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- brown rice
- Toffuti Sour cream (or for you non-lactards...regular sour cream)
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Cook rice according to package directions (enough for the number of people you are serving)
- Halve the red peppers and remove seeds, wash and lightly cover with olive oil
- place red peppers in baking dish
- Put about a tablespoon of olive oil in a wok or sauce pan and add turkey with taco seasoning, start cooking.
- Also add to turkey the thickly chopped sweet onion and diced jalapeño pepper.
- Strain canned corn and black beans, rinse
- When the oven is pre-heated place the red peppers (empty!) in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After the turkey is done cooking turn off heat and add black beans, corn and pineapple.
- Stuff/pack in the turkey mixture into the peppers and return everything to the oven for 20 minutes.
- When you have about 7 minutes (or less) remaining sprinkle on the cheddar cheese (obviously Cabot because it is lactose free!!!)
- Remove from oven and ENJOY THE AROMA!
- Make a bed of rice on your plate and place one half bell pepper on top.
- To the side add a slice of avocado and a dollop of the lactose free sour cream!
Um, this is THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER MADE FOR DINNER. Originally I was supposed to make this with salsa and NOT pineapple but THANK YOU SELF for forgetting to purchase salsa. I was also supposed to add the rice to the turkey mixture so again THANK YOU SELF for forgetting to do that because I think it came out WAY better this way.
You DEFINITELY need to make this and ABSOLUTELY need to let me know what you think. This is going into my permanent recipe collection.
I enjoyed this with a Skinny Girl Margarita and I tried the new Skinny Girl Pina Colada :) Yummaliciousness!