- 1 pound ground buffalo (less fatty than ground beef and SUPER yummy)
- 3 servings brown rice
- 2tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 heavy cloves garlic
- 1 clove = 1/4 teaspoon
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 sm-med sweet white onion, diced
- 1 and 1/4 cup broccoli slaw (near bagged salad)
- 2 and 1/4 cup (loose, not packed) shredded lettuce)
- 1tbsp lite soy sauce (plus a little sprinkle or two)
- Prepare your brown rice according to the directions on the box
- Grab a medium-large skillet and brown the buffalo over medium heat.
- Using the same skillet heat the oil on medium heat and add the garlic, green onions and sweet onion.
- Stir fry for a couple minutes.
- Now add the lettuce and broccoli slaw and again stir-fry for a couple minutes
- Add the rice and soy sauce and continue to stir-fry.
- After a couple minutes of stir-frying return the buffalo to the pan (at this point you can add red pepper flakes to taste...Jesse likes this but I like it without)
- Stir until ingredients are well combined and then eat!!!
This is super yummy. I like it because it fills me up without making me feel stuffed. This is the meal that kick started my weight loss last year and honestly I'm hoping it will renew my efforts! I hopped on the scale one day and saw 179lbs...wtf...NO!...I dropped to 154 and now at 158 I'd like to hit 140-145. I hope you all try this recipe that has been a source of inspiration for me and let me know what you think of it! Feel free to comment and let me know what you think. You can also follow lactarded @ http://www.facebook.com/lactarded so please like it on Facebook but don't forget to sign-up on this site to follow my blog :) I'm also trying to get into the twitter thing so find me @lac_tarded