- 1 whole organic chicken breast
- 4 servings brown rice
- 1 sm-md sweet onion (I use these a lot don't I!)
- 1 sm-md red pepper
- couple heavy shakes sea salt
- couple heavy shakes pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock (CAREFUL! Some contain dairy hidden in their whey protein)
- 1 cup coconut cream (you non-lactards can use regular half and half)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 heavy tablespoon olive oil
- Follow directions on rice container to prepare the rice.
- Cut up the chicken into bite sized morsels and cook in skillet on medium-low till cooked through.
- Dice onion and red pepper. Then place in wok with olive oil and sauté, can add sea salt and pepper at this time also.
- Add in flour and curry powder, mix lightly.
- Quickly add in coconut cream and chicken stock. Continuously stir, this sauce will start to thicken.
- When the sauce begins to thicken add the thoroughly cooked chicken to the sauce and continue to stir until you reach an almost "gloppy" (I know, it's very technical) texture.
- When texture achieved stir in rice and remove from heat, may allow to sit for a minute or two before serving.
I also steamed some broccoli to have with this, strictly because I had some and I didn't want it to go bad. However, the curry chicken came out pretty darn tasty. It was also a very easy and decently quick meal to make.
Some of you might be thinking...coconut...ew...well, get over it. You absolutely cannot taste the coconut in this at all. The one thing I would do is probably do more curry next time, it just wasn't as spicy as I was expecting. For everyone else I would add one tablespoon of curry and then the cream and stock, mix, and then taste. If that is spicy enough you can stop there, however, you can also add as much your pallet prefers.
Try this out and get back to me with your comments and suggestions! Also, please sign up to follow this blog over to the right ---> . You can also like lactarded on Facebook and vote for which restaurant I'm going to review next! (1st review will take place this weekend!) I will also be working on a youtube channel and you can now follow lactarded on twitter @lac_tarded Thanks everyone!!!