Jesse and I went into Hanover to the Dirt Cowboy Cafe and grabbed a couple of coffees to go...I mostly definitely got a large. We then started walking around the Dartmouth Campus. Jesse showed me the bronze depicting Robert Frost, a very old and very large preserved tree stump as well as a cool stone tower built by students a looooooooong time ago. Then we decided to go look at the not so secret society building :-p.
After that we came home and I tortured Jesse with pictures of the dog I want and then I made dinner! We had Orange Blossom Honey Pork Chops, baked red potato and broccoli.
- Pork Chops
- 1/2 cup Honey (I used Orange Blossom Honey from a local bee keeper)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic
- red potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (When nice out I definitely recommend cooking this all on the grill)
- Add honey to shallow bowl
- Add Soy Sauce
- Add garlic
- Whisk together (it WILL whisk together and be about the same consistency of the soy sauce)
- Cover pork chops (or marinate!)
- Take cookie sheet and cover in tin foil (messy!!!)
- Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes - Serve immediately!
- Stab the potatoes, rub on a little bit of olive oil and place on cookie sheet with baked potato with about 25 minutes left (longer time because of lower temp)
- Steam brocoli
This was very yummy but I do think it would be better on the grill :) Can't wait till Jesse and I have a house (Jesse says the first thing we buy for it will be a Weber grill...I think it will be a dog :-p...jk!...kinda)