I found the recipe I used while obsessing over pinterest and the original recipe can be found here: Healthy Happy Life
- 2 cans cannelloni white beans drained + rinsed
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2tbsp tahini (a sesame seed paste tastes kinda like peanut butter)
- 2 tsp maple or agave syrup (i used agave...it's cheaper!)
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning (or whatever you feel like using)
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- salt to taste
- panko crumbs
- sweet onion
- honey mustard
- lactose free burger bun
- Bake/peel/mash sweet potato...careful...i totally didn't wait long enough and was definitely doing the hot potato dance - put in large mixing bowl
- drain + rinse beans and add to bowl (i would recommend using less beans for more sweet potato taste)
- add tahini, syrup, seasoning + flour and mash it all together
- heat about 1tbsp oil in pan (not a huge pan otherwise you won't be able to "fry" panko)
- form a patty and coat thickly in panko crumbs
- cook until brown on both sides
- (you can also bake and then you should use less panko)
- place cooked patties on a paper towel and let rest for a couple minutes
- add your toppings and scarf
This is delicious. I heavy handed the lemon-pepper seasoning which I partially regret but kinda don't. I think it is very good but I think next time I won't add as much. Also, next time I won't mash as completely. I made a very literal paste and it was a little on the sticky side. This also didn't hold together super fab (just pretty well and you need to be careful) so maybe an egg or two next time? Anyway! I highly recommend this recipe!!!
One thing I need to learn to do is is cut down on the ingredients because it is just Jesse and I. We don't need all this food! This makes a lot of burger patties! We are going to have it for lunch today so Jesse can try it and we will still have plenty left over!
Dessert: Peach Cupcakes - Fail.
Also while on pinterest I started salivating over some peach cupcakes which I'm sure are very yummy when made with real butter but not so much with what I used. I used butter flavored crisco for the buttercream frosting...this did not work out, the butter flavoring is impossible to overcome. I will have to put this on the list of things to try another time. If you non-lactards feel like trying this recipe it can be found here: Cathlin Cooks
All in all a fruitful evening with another dinner recipe I can add to my will definitely cook again list. Probably the best bonus of the evening though was finding Plum Sake Wine!! Delicious :) If you go get some be prepared for a sweet wine with a really different (but excellent) flavor.
P.S. I need something better than an iPhone to take photos! lol